Saturday, January 23, 2010

Radishes, butter and sea salt

Just another snack idea to share.  My first time trying radishes with a little butter and salt was probably 5 or 6 years ago when I first started traveling to New York for work from Chicago. I had my first experience with these at Prune I think, and I didn't think about them again until my husband and I were in Paris about two years ago. A restaurant served them to nibble on at the beginning of the meal -  I had forgotten what a simple, great combination it was.

Trim, quarter or halve whatever radishes look good to you,  a combination can be fun, and serve with good quality butter and fleur de sel, grey sea salt/sel gris,  a fine grind sea salt or whatever fancy salt you have.  Serve with a few different sea salts for some variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment