|Apple muesli with dried fruit and coconut|
I use rolled oats, some oat bran, grated apples, some golden raisins, dried cranberries, and coconut chips soaked in unsweetened almond milk and then sweetened up with a little honey and cinnamon. So delicious! The grated apple really adds a nice sweetness and freshness to this.
You can really make muesli with any mix of fruits and nuts, liquids (the F&W recipe uses coconut water), and could also serve this topped with some additional fruit or chopped nuts.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 - 1/2 cups almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, or yogurt of your choice
- 2 apples, grated to the core (peeled or unpeeled is your choice, I leave them unpeeled)
- 1/3 cup coconut chips (big pieces of unsweetened dried coconut flakes)
- 3 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey (4 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Grate the apples into a bowl on the coarse side of a box grater. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together well. Taste and add more honey, cinnamon or salt to your own tastes. Let the muesli soak overnight in the refrigerator. Serve with additional fruit or coconut sprinkled on top if you like.
If you would like to use a sweetened fruit yogurt or vanilla yogurt, omit the honey at first and only add some if you feel it needs more sweetness.